Maracle is committed to the efficient use of resources and applies pollution prevention measures in the management of its operations in an effort to maintain a healthy environment for present and future generations.
Maracle was named one of Canada’s Most Environmentally Progressive Printers by Print Action Magazine for our ongoing commitment to a clean and safe earth and for working with paper companies that practice recycling and reforestation. And we couldn’t be more proud.
- We maintain an Environmental Policy as part of our core management principles.
- Maracle is an FSC Accredited Chain-of-Custody printer #SW-COC-002080. FSC (The Forest Stewardship Council) www.fsccanada.org
- All waste paper is recycled by a registered recycler.
- Vegetable based bio-renewable inks certified by the National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers are utilized on all presses.
- Aluminum plates are recycled by a registered recycler.
- Plate making chemistry is recycled on site significantly reducing off-site disposal.
- Waste inks and fountain solutions are isolated and taken for safe disposal with a licensed environmental disposal operator.
- Press blanket wash is recycled on site significantly reducing off-site disposal.
- Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN) for the tracking of all chemical waste shipments. www.hwin.ca/hwin
- National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) where we report all VOC air emissions. http://www.ec.gc.ca/pdb/npri/
- Air and Noise branch under a Certificate of Approval (C of A) for all air emission sources at the Maracle facility. www.ene.gov.on.ca/envision/general/cofa.htm
- We undertook and passed the Toronto Region Sustainability Pollution Prevention (P2) program. This program reviews waste streams and works to reduce them. This resulted in a case study on Maracle written by the Centre for Environmental Technology Advancement (OCETA).